Thursday, November 06, 2008

VegeTable Babble.. :D

Hmm..i feel like talking about a very mundane but essential and inescapable task nevertheless :( ..To Buy veggies from the local sabjiwalah..

To choose the best jewels from the "oh so alike in the dark' lot and still pay in peanuts for that, is an art in itself ,One that I admire in all those 'aunties' and ' bhabiji's ' I meet there....Be it the incessant haggling over the prices (cost cutting at its best :D ) , the fight over one less kheera or tamaatar (means a lesser salad serving for one , mind it :D) ,or the coaxing demands for free mirchi and dhaniya ....

Sometimes , I feel like a naive kid out there , buying just anything that would save me the hassle of listening to daily rebukes from my cook...

Awww how I wish I had my very own magically planted vegetable garden that grew bhindi all year round ..... :)

4 comments:

Prakhar said...

how are you payin peanuts???....damn inflation is killin me...

bhindi round the year...hahaha...thats a pakka kids choice :)

knots n crosses said...

@prakhar: thats precisely the art Im trying to learn..still pay in peanuts despite the inflation :D

Colors of life! said...

Oyyee maggie come out of this bhindi trap...whn will u grow up ;)

knots n crosses said...

@roh:Never till I can help it!! :P