Haven't been posting a lot lately coz din't feel like it ... was too wrapped up in living n languishing...in the heat..gosh ...its crazily hot in Pune..almost reminds me of the scorching days back in Jaipur...except that i was much more tolerant thr..wasn't used to sitting in an air conditioned office the whole day long , back then.. :D
hmmm...life's not too different though...one thg's decided ..no converts this yr so don't see myself switching back to student life any time this yr...newayz I won't talk much bout it... no point nitpicking coz it will happen whenever it has to ..if at all..
but hey I dint start this post just to type in whatever gibberish I wanted to....watched
"Namesake " yesterday...nice movie... superb acting...at least I liked it..haven't read the book so can't say how much lustre/or lack of lustre it imparts to the originally written work... but what i liked most were the dialogues...
Little jewels scattered along the narrative....
There's this scene where the guy takes his young son to a place somewhere along the sea..kind of a small patch of the coast with water swishing in gentle waves all around... n then he realizes that he has forgotten the camera in his car ..but its too far off to go all the way back n fetch it...
So he tells his son to remember it always..to quote what he said "Remember son, we r at a place from where there is nowhere left to go ..... "
Now that's such an interesting li'l statement ..if u try n revel in its depth of meaning...
Is there ever ever such a place from where there's nowhere left to go...no more journeys to undertake..no more adventures awaiting you....the realization that u have finally arrived..come into ur own... Perfect Bliss I'll term that...Aren't we all searching for that... the same thing , albeit in different ways...through different paths..
But more importantly...Do people ever find that place...or people who are already there r the ones who r ignorant of the very concept.. or you can only really find it if you are ignorant n not consciously searching for it or running after it...
hmmmmm..... Ignorance is Bliss ..but Bliss could be ignorance too !! :D ..
Isn't making much sense..is it .. :D.. neways I'll leave it here cuz I think I have started sounding too loony ..
yeah and another one was a metaphor bout how it is browsing through a book in a journey . .
"travelling without moving an inch... "
..so true n so beautifully put.. n I can vouch for that.. :) sometimes while shuttling down from office to home and back, in the bus , I get so lost in a book ..at times I completely lose track of time...
I am definitely gonna read the book for sure.. now that I have watched the movie....
On second thoughts I'll save that for a looooong journey :D ...
P.S. I almost forgot bout that article..for curious readers..its still in the limbo but very much in the picture :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment